1. Home
  2. Career Services
  3. Magner Career Center
  4. Does the Magner Career Center hire students for part-time positions?

Does the Magner Career Center hire students for part-time positions?

The Magner Career Center offers year-round employment for students at Brooklyn College. Employment at the Magner Center provides students with first-hand experience into the professional world, preparing them for internships and future full-time employment upon graduation.

Why Work at The Magner Career Center?

Past Positions:

Part-Time Job Opportunities:Internship Opportunities:
Career Services AssistantMarketing Intern
Employer Relations AssistantSocial Media Intern
Human Resources AssistantLavadera Intern (School of Business)
Social Media Assistant
Marketing/Communications Assistant

Career Development

Our student-staff can take advantage our of services, resume and cover letter review, internship search assistance, career exploration, interview prep, company visits, and more.

Opportunities for Exploration

Students explore career interests and paths by engaging in graphic design, research, communications, video editing across various projects.

Some projects that our students have worked on at the Magner Career Center include:

Expanding Your Network

Students have the opportunity to be connected with one of the thousands of Brooklyn College alumni in their fields of interest, building their network and enabling them to form professional connections. Students also co-lead events with top employers across many industries, allowing them to further expand their professional networks.

Past events:

Flexibility

Students are encouraged to study abroad and intern full-time in the summer, as well as pursue positions of interest. We also understand that education is the top priority, and allow students to take time off as needed to focus on their academic needs.

Testimonials

I’m currently interning with NBC! In the midst of doing my job, I genuinely thought about how much Magner has helped me in my professional career…If I met my freshman year self, I know for a fact she would be so proud of me and how far I’ve come, and she would probably just wonder how it happened…and a lot of it just comes down to Magner and putting yourself out there. So that being said, thank you to the Magner team for all they have done to help me shine!” – FORMER EMPLOYEE, Gabriela Centeno, Social Media Intern (Winter 23’)

“Working at the Magner Career Center has been an absolute pleasure. From taking office phone calls to preparing for multiple recruitment events and the bi-annual job fairs, I have gained a tremendous amount of skills within my professional development. In addition, it is very convenient to take advantage of the various opportunities and panels that the center hosts and working alongside a wonderful group of students and career coaches has constantly given me encouragement to be productive in my own life.” FORMER EMPLOYEE, Saima Rahman, Koppelman School of Business Assistant (Spring 24’)

Where Are Former Magner Student-Staff Now?

Cliff Frontera

Cliff Frontera received his Bachelors of Science Degree from Brooklyn College in Psychology in 2019, and his Master of Arts Degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology in 2021. While studying at Brooklyn College, Cliff started off as the Career Services Assistant, and then held multiple other positions. Upon graduating with his Master’s degree, Cliff was employed full-time at Brooklyn College as a Tech Talent Pipeline Career Engagement Manager and is now the Assistant Director for Career Engagement at the Magner Career Center!

Diana Almontesar

Diana Almontesar, who graduated in 2021 with a Business Management Degree in Leadership and Human Resources, was employed at the Magner Center throughout her undergraduate studies as an Employer Relations Assistant and Social Media/Marketing Assistant. She has had multiple internships at companies such as CBS and CNBC, and today works full-time at Vestiaire Collective.

Jevaughn Greenaway

Jevaughn Greenaway received his Bachelors of Music in Performance from Brooklyn College in 2018. While studying at Brooklyn College, Jevaughn served as a Career Services Assistant. Upon graduation, he was employed as a Music Teacher for Success Academy and then moved into an Assistant Principal role.