How To: Order a Replacement Diploma

If your original diploma has been damaged or lost, you can order a new diploma. Alumni that have changed their legal name and would like an updated diploma to reflect their new legal name may also order a new diploma.

If you are ordering a new diploma due to a legal name change, the legal name change request must be submitted and processed prior to ordering a new diploma.

Effective August 2, 2022, Brooklyn College now provides Diploma Reorders through Parchment. Students may place a diploma reorder online through their Parchment account.

Video Guides

This video guide explains how to create an account with Parchment.

This video guide explains how to order a replacement diploma with Parchment.

Important Notes

Please be mindful of the following:

  • Be sure your graduation status on CUNYfirst is listed as “Awarded” before placing a Diploma Replacement request. Orders made prior to your conferral date will be cancelled. These instructions describe how to view your graduation status.
  • $30 payment for a replacement diploma covers one degree type (i.e., bachelor’s or master’s degree).
  • If you graduated prior to 2012, your order may take longer to process.
  • Plan ahead and submit your Diploma Replacement request with enough time to meet your deadlines.
  • Contact a Parchment learner support representative for payment discrepancies.


For questions on this process or to follow up on your request, reach out to

Related Articles