1. Home
  2. Enrollment Services
  3. Update Your Major or Minor
  4. How To: Change your Major, Minor, or Concentration

How To: Change your Major, Minor, or Concentration

Follow the steps below to declare your major, minor, or concentration.

  • Login to BC WebCentral.
  • Go to E-Services
  • Click Undergraduate Student Transactions.
  • Click on Declare or change your major, minor or concentration.
  • Select the major, minor, or concentration you wish to change.
  • Then, select the new major, minor, or concentration that you want to change it to.
  • Click Submit.

If your major or minor requires department approval, it will be automatically routed to them for review. They may reach out to you for advisement. After the department approves the request, it will be routed to the Office of the Registrar for processing.

Processing Time and Updates to DegreeWorks
After the request has been sent to the Office of the Registrar, please expect for it to be processed within a few business days.

You will receive an email confirmation to your campus email account when the request has been processed. It will take 1-3 business days for DegreeWorks to update.
Contact Us
Questions about declarations can be directed to studentrecord@brooklyn.cuny.edu. For advisement, please see the academic department for support.

Related Articles