A petition needs to be filed in the event that a student needs to request an exception to College Policy.
All petitions require some form of supporting documentation. Review common types of petitions below, and the required supporting documentation for each type. It’s worthwhile to review this list before submitting your petition. If none of these represent what you are asking for, select “Uncategorized Petition” when submitting your request.
All petitions with supporting documentation will be reviewed by the Faculty Committee on Course and Standing, and decisions will be communicated to the student via email. If you have further questions regarding the ePetition process, send an e-mail.
- Log in to BC WebCentral.
- Click E-Services.
- Click Undergraduate Student Transactions.
- Click Petition for an Exception to the Bulletin.
- Select type of petition.
- Provide requested information.
- Upload supporting documentation
Forms for Petitions to the Committee on Course and Standing
- Departmental Grade Appeal Procedures (PDF)
- Financial Aid and Bursar Liability (requires BC WebCentral login)
- Instructor’s Note (PDF)
- Undergraduate Permit Application (PDF)